Sunday, October 5, 2014

Sci-fi

So in the interim while I work on editing my latest short story and make sure it is adequately edited for all that fine mess, I am finally working on my new sci-fi series.  I am hesitant to reveal the title until I get the first story completed because I'm so afraid that someone might steal my idea.

So far it's coming along just slower than I had hoped because I am trying to make sure that it's well developed and that I am not unintentionally using ideas from other sci-fi genres without realizing it.  So much sci-fi ideas have been used so that's one thing that is making the process difficult in developing this beast.

One of the greatest challenges I suppose in creating this is that I am attempting to create a perfect world and then introduce a series of problems for the protagonists to overcome.  In order to make it sound, I am also having to read up on things such as spacecraft and other things such as airplane design.  That in itself is making things quite interesting for me so along the way I am learning some things.  And I always do enjoy learning more as I've always enjoyed reading as a child and I still do as an adult. I'm just a very picky reader when it comes to my subject material.  

Recently I ran a free promotion for my book Southern Gothic Tales and I am pleased to say that almost a hundred people nabbed my book during the free promotion.

That's it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment